IASSC Recertification Policy
Recertification is an important part of the Professional Credentialing spectrum. It helps to ensure integrity of standards, is an exhibit of a Professional’s regard for certification best-practices and serves as proof of ongoing Professional competence. In essence, IASSC™ Recertification is simply a form of Professional Certification maintenance that comes with the great benefit of ongoing personal accomplishment, while demonstrating to employers and peers proof of a maintained knowledge and skill based proficiency as an active Lean Six Sigma Practitioner.
The International Association for Six Sigma Certification™ perpetually and indefinitely recognizes all IASSC Certified Professionals. As of March 1, 2017 IASSC introduced a Certification Classification System that will further classify Certifications by a Status in our support of and alignment to Professional Credentialing Best Practices. A Current status is granted to IASSC Certifications for a period of three years from the time the Professional has received the Certification. After that time, an Elapsed status will be applied to the Certification unless the Professional has successfully Recertified.
IASSC Certification Exams are minimum competency, knowledge-based, professional credentialing exams. Professionals who demonstrate their knowledge of the subject matters as measured through the IASSC Certification Exams that are based on the IASSC Body of Knowledge receive Lean Six Sigma Certification. Staying true to this well establish Professional Credentialing standard, IASSC Certified Professionals interested in maintaining a Certification status of Current will be required to conduct a limited re-examination in order to demonstrate continued competence.
IASSC Recertification Exams are abbreviated versions of IASSC Certification Exams. The intention of the IASSC Recertification Exams is to measure retained subject matter knowledge of previously demonstrated and certified knowledge.
IASSC Recertification Black Belt Exam is a 75 question, closed book, proctored exam with a 2 hour allotted time. The Exam contains approximately 15 multiple-choice and true/false questions from each major section of the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Body of Knowledge. In order to successfully achieve Recertification Professionals must achieve a minimum score point equivalency of 70%. Recertification Fee: $ 235.
IASSC Recertification Green Belt Exam is a 50 question, closed book, proctored exam with a 1.5 hour allotted time. The Exam contains approximately 10 multiple-choice and true/false questions from each major section of the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Body of Knowledge. In order to successfully achieve Recertification Professionals must achieve a minimum score point equivalency of 70%. Recertification Fee: $ 175.
IASSC Recertification Yellow Belt Exam is a 30 question, closed book, proctored exam with a 1 hour allotted time. The Exam contains approximately 10 multiple-choice and true/false questions from each major section of the IASSC Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Body of Knowledge. In order to successfully achieve Recertification Professionals must achieve a minimum score point equivalency of 70%. Recertification Fee: $ 115.
* Recertification Exams must be conducted prior to the date of Elapse or no longer than 90 days after the Elapse. If a professional fails to pass the Recertification Exam within this time frame, a permanent Elapsed status will be applied to Certification.
* Recertification exams are limited to two attempts per Professional, which must be separated by a minimum time period of two weeks. A failed recertification will result in an Elapsed status being applied to Certification; the Certification will not be revoked. A Professional who fails to recertify may establish their IASSC certification again by passing a full IASSC Certification exam. Upon passing the full Certification exam, the Professional will receive a new IASSC Certification which will have a status of “Current” for three years.
* IASSC Recertification exams are available through the IASSC Web-Based On-Demand testing system and through IASSC Accredited Providers authorized to facilitate IASSC Exams.
* Candidates who have completed “IASSC Certification Exams” prior to March 1, 2017 will be “Grandfathered” as “Current” and noted as such in the following manner:
John Doe, Certified 01/01/2009, Current*
* Professional has received a Grandfathered Certification Status.
Grandfathered Certified Professionals who prefer not to maintain a Grandfathered Status may notify IASSC and will be eligible for Recertification according to the post March 1st 2017 Classification System.
* Recertified Professionals. Professionals who successfully achieve Recertification will receive an updated Certificate (PDF) reflecting successful recertification. The Professional’s Certification Number and Profile will be updated in the Official IASSC Certification Database with a Current status of three years from the date of Recertification. Additionally, the Professional will maintain a grant to use the IASSC Certification Marks and Titles as a professional designation which may be used in resumes and public profiles such as LinkedIn consistent with the IASSC Marks Use Policy.
* Current status is granted to Candidates for a period of three (3) years after the Candidate successfully achieved Certification. Elapsed status is applied to Certifications beyond three (3) years unless the Candidate has Recertified. Certification dates will be counted from the last day of the month when the Candidate achieved certification (For Example: A certification achieved on May 15, 2017, will have a status of “Current” through May 31, 2020). Candidates that have successfully Recertified, according to the terms and conditions of the IASSC Recertification policy, will maintain a Current Certification Status from the original date of Certification. Retired status is applied to Certifications that are in Current status at the time of notification by the Certified Candidate that they are retired from the profession associated with the Certification. Revoked status is applied to Certifications that are withdrawn either at the candidate’s request or by IASSC due to some form of disciplinary action. IASSC maintains records in the Official IASSC Certification Database indefinitely for all Candidates and may respond to inquiries regarding Certification Status.
* All statements are subject to the IASSC Certification Terms and Conditions. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification (IASSC-CBB™), Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification (IASSC-CGB™) and Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification (IASSC-CYB™) are issued to Professionals who successfully achieve Certification from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC).
Recertification Exam Vouchers may be purchased here.